March 26, 2012

DIY Sales Part II - Ballerina Skirt



Who dosen't love Ballet dancers with their clothes and their graceful dance?! I love them, and the dance itself, thats why I always been fascinated by it! 
Quem não gosta das bailarinas com as suas roupas e a maneira graciosa de dançarem?! Eu adoro-as, e a dança em si, é por isso que sempre fui fascinada por ela!



A few weeks ago I went to the stores to get a look at the sales and I discovered some treasures yet unrevealed!! I went to H&M and saw a kind of ballerina skirt that only cost 1€, that's no surprise that nobody wants it because the truth is that it looks terrible when you try it on...
And so I had the idea to transforming it! Because it only cost me 1€, what the heck, lets do it!!
Há algumas semanas atrás fui até às lojas dar uma vista de olhos nos saldos e descobri uns tesouros ainda não revelados!! Fui à H&M e vi uma saia do tipo bailarina que apenas custava 1€, o que não é surpresa nenhuma porque a verdade é que ficava horrível assim que a experimentavas...
Então tive a ideia de a transformar e, como só me custou 1€, que se lixe, bora lá!!
 Before

After
Yes, I know that in these pictures I look like the Headless Horseman :D


You can see the skirt before the transformation, it was really big and with no interest at all.
Podem ver a saia antes da transformação, era mesmo grande e sem interesse nenhum.




I decided to cut it, and this fabric is really good because it doesn't reels off, you can cut it and don´t  even have to sew it again, it stay's wonderfull.(Notice that the skirt brought a ribbon with it, lets save it for another project!)
Decidi cortá-la, e este tecido é bom porque não se desfia, podes cortá-la e nem precisas de voltar a coser, fica maravilhoso. (Reparem que a saia traz com ela uma fita, vamos guardá-la para um projecto futuro!)


I've cuted 10cm./ Cortei 10cm.

I sewed a part of the fabric that was chopped, on the base of the skirt, to create more volume. 
Costurei a parte de tule que foi retirado, na base da saia, para criar mais volume.


So I make it a little more girly. Combined it with a nice pair of heels and a tank top and that's it!!
Então eu tornei-a mais feminina. Conjuguei-a com uns belos sapatos de salto alto e uma camisola de alças e já está!!





Here are some inspirations to use this kind of skirt!!
Aqui vão algumas fotos inspiradoras de como usar esse tipo de saia!

From "thelovecollage"
Photo from "thelovecollage"

Photo from "thisdivaisonabudget"

Photo from Shopbop

Photo from "whaticantlivewithouttoday"

Photo from "misspouty" blog

Surprise/Surpresa :D

See you soon!! ;)
Até Breve!! ;)