March 23, 2012

DIY Colorful Necklace



Another DIY project!
Outro projecto "Faça você mesmo" (FVM :D)!

The store Tally Weijl had this promotion in which you could buy 1 piece of jewelery and take another for free, you only had to pay the more expensive one. And then I saw this necklace. Ideas were running  through my head and I decided to bring two of them to combine and make one!
A loja  Tally Weijl teve uma promoção na qual ao comprarmos uma peça de bijuteria levava-se outra de graça, apenas tinhas de pagar a peça mais cara. Foi então que vi este colar. As ideias começaram a aparecer na minha cabeça e decidi comprar dois colares iguais e combina-los para fazer apenas um!

These are the utensils that I used:
Estes são os utensílios que usei:
 

I've started to separate one of the chains of each necklace and then I've joined the middle part of both.
Comecei por separar uma corrente de cada fio e juntei-os na parte do meio dos mesmos.
 


I've shortened the length of the chain to make it fit to the neckline.
Encurtei o comprimento da corrente para ficar mais justo ao pescoço.
 


Then I choosed my favorite colours in nail polish and started to paint the cristals (false ones!!). Here's the final result!
Escolhi as minhas cores favoritas em verniz e comecei a pintar os cristais (falsos!!). E aqui está o resultado final!




   
Hope you've enjoyed!!
Espero que tenham gostado!! 

Note: After I wear it the first time I noticed that it tends to bend in the middle so, to give it more structure, I glued fake leather behind it. 
Nota: Depois de ter usado o colar pela primeira vez notei que ele tende a dobrar no meio por isso, para lhe dar mais estrutura, colei um pedaço de pele falsa na parte de trás.

Here are some of the Tom Binns necklaces, where I got the inspiration.
Aqui estão alguns dos colares de Tom Binns, onde fui buscar a inspiração.









See you soon!! ;)
Até breve!! ;)

No comments: